Live an experience to remember with orecchiette cooking class in Salento
Making Apulian orecchiette is an art that you can learn with our immersive cooking class in Salento with a local lady. The lady of the house will reveal the techniques and secrets of an ancient culinary tradition that has been handed down for generations and will show you all the steps to make orecchiette at home.
You will be welcomed in a beautiful villa in the heart of Salento with a welcome drink. Then the experience will move to the kitchen for the creation of fresh pasta, i.e. the typical Apulian orecchiette and the classic maccheroncini.
At the end of the lesson, you will be able to enjoy an excellent typical meal in which you will taste different courses based on typical local products: you start with a platter of local cold cuts and cheeses and local vegetables and then move on to the two first courses topped with two classic Italian sauces and finally some good fresh fruit and excellent typical desserts. The end of the meal will be accompanied by the classic limoncello and homemade lemon cream.
The orecchiette experience is the perfect opportunity to immerse yourself in the Apulian food and wine culture, spend a few hours with a local family, learn how to make some classic Italian dishes and enjoy a typical local meal by the pool, on the beautiful veranda or in the dining room with fireplace depending on the season and the weather.
Taste the best of Salento with an immersive traditional Apulian cooking class and a mouth-watering typical meal in a beautiful villa with a swimming pool.
Why to choose the orecchiette cooking class in Salento:
- It is a fun, immersive and authentic experience
- You can learn how to make the classic Apulian pasta shapes with a local lady
- You can enjoy a typical Apulian meal in the heart of Salento
- You can dine by the pool, on the veranda or near the fireplace depending on the weather
- You can choose whether to opt for lunch or dinner
- It is suitable for children
Orecchiette cooking class in Salento includes:
- Cooking class for making orecchiette and macaroni
- The menu includes: prosecco, mixed platter of cold cuts and cheeses, typical local products and local vegetables, orecchiette, macaroni, fresh fruit, tasting of Salento sweets such as tart with homemade jam and pasticciotto cake accompanied by limoncello and lemon cream.
- 1 bottle of wine for every 2 people