Ingredient for 4
- 1 Pound Fresh Pasta Sheets or 0.5 pound Dry Pasta Sheet
- 1 Pound Ragu Bolognese
- 1 Pound Beschamel sauce
- 2 cups Parmigiano
- Beasil leaves to taste
How to make your pasta:
1. Place a scoop of Bolognese sauce and a scoop of bechamel sauce at the base of your baking tray and spread all over the tray.
A) If you are using a fresh pasta sheet you do not need to cook the pasta first.
B) If you are using a dry pasta sheet you need to boil the pasta first.
2. Place the first layer of pasta in a way the pasta exceeds a bit the edge of the tray.
3. Add one scoop of sauce and one scoop of bechamel. Mix the two sauces on the tray.
4. Add two Tbsp of parmesan and a couple of fresh basil leaves.
5. Repeat the process for 4 to 6 layers.
6. Cover the last layer with a generous amount of parmesan cheese
7. Cook the Lasagna in a ventilated oven for 25/30’ at 350’F covered with foil.
8. Cut the lasagna into the different servings and put it back into the oven 5′ minutes under the oven grill
9. Buon appetito! Buon appetito!
It took centuries for it to become one of the most loved dishes in Italian cuisine!
Let’s see what was the Lasagna journey from Rome to Naples to finally arrive in Bologna
Lasagna was already part of the diet in Roman times. The Greek term “laganon” and the Latin “laganum” indicated square or rectangular sheets, made from a mixture of wheat flour, cooked in the oven or on the fire and stuffed with meat. The ancestor of today’s recipe!
In Naples lasagna was a carnival recipe, much richer and more complex than the usual meat sauce! Baroque like Naples!
Fried meatballs of minced meat, egg, Parmesan, and breadcrumbs. Each layer of pasta alternates with a ragù, ricotta, meatballs, and hard-boiled eggs. Once the layers are completed, sprinkle with ragù and pecorino cheese and bake as usual.
Apparently, the King of the Two Sicilies, Ferdinand II, appreciated lasagna so much that he was nicknamed “King Lasagna”.
Fresh egg pasta sheet, meat sauce, and béchamel. From the union of these three ingredients, one of the most famous and loved dishes of Italian cuisine is born Lasagna Alla Bolognese. To come up with the perfect recipe, the real one, it took centuries and the genius of some cooks from the city of Bologna.