- 200g Pasta
- 1 Anchovies
- 1 Caper
- 1 Garlic
- 1 Cherry tomato
- 2 Basil leaves and/or 2 Twig of Thyme
- 40/50g of Pistachio
- 1/2 Glass White/Hot water
- 2 Spoons Olive oil
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Parsley to taste
- 250g Clams
- 10g Paemesan
PESTO DI PISTACCHIO
In a small bowl combine all the ingredients to make the pistachio pesto. One tablespoon of oil, one tablespoon of parmesan, 2/3 basil leaves, a sprig of thyme, and pistachio. Blend everything until a thick consistency is reached. If the pesto is too hard, add a spoon of cold water.
Cook the pasta al dente (3 minutes before what is written on the box) in plenty of water. A hand of coarse salt in 3l of water
Drain the pasta directly into the pan with only the clam broth and sauté the spaghetti for 2/3 minutes on a medium-high flame.
In order to “risottare and saltare” the pasta and make it creamy and uniform you need to add the cooking water little by little. The mechanical movement in combination with the starch-rich cooking water will create a very light cream.
- Note: The Herbs to be mixed with the pistachio pesto are to taste. Please try to use whole pistachio no crumb pistachio. Make sure to make the clams expel all the sand.
RISOTTARE: To cook the pasta like it is a risotto by adding the cooking water step by step and stirring
SALTARE: To make the pasta jump on the pan in order to create a uniform creamy consistency
CLAMS AND PISTACHIOS SPAGHETTI
It is the end of June, the days get longer and the temperature gets higher. It is almost sunset, the heat kindly leaves room to a light breeze. A deep desire for summer.
You set the table on the terrace and uncork a bottle of Vermentino Wine.
You are stealing a piece of summer. All for you.
A cheerful feeling. Yout mouth is already looking forward to tasting and living the flavor of the sea and memories that every bite of SPAGHETTI ALLE VONGOLE brings you to mind.
Small habits that cheer the soul. An iconic plate, which immediately recalls the sand between the toes and the irresistible desire to wear a pair of sunglasses.
Now take this already iconic Italian recipe and add an ingredient that makes each dish a triumph of flavors, the pistachio!
Spaghetti with Clams and Pistachio is like one day the Beatles woke up and decided to do a duet with the Rolling Stones. Crazy and unique!
How to do it:
1. Cook a clove of garlic, cherry tomato, caper, anchovy, a pinch of pepper, and a sprig of parsley (without the leaves) in two tablespoons of olive oil.
2. Cook over medium-low heat for 40/50 seconds according to the thickness of the cut of the ingredients. The goal is to gold and flavor the ingredients avoiding burning garlic and parsley, which would otherwise be very bitter.
3. Add the clams, which you previously purged for at least an hour in cold water and salt, inside the pan.
4. Increase the flame and flambè with white wine or hot water. Pay attention to the possible blaze that will result. Let the wine evaporate until you no longer smell the alcohol. About 30sec
5. Deglaze the sauce by simply adding a spoon of hot water and cook for 2/3 minutes with the lid.
6. Strain the clam broth. Remove at least half of the clams from their shell